Wednesday 20 March 2013

Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes = nom nom nom

My sister and I made SCRUMPTIOUS cupcakes this afternoon!!! I tried a recipe from "The Sweetest Vegan" (Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes) , and I used "Pamela's all natural vanilla frosting mix"  I'm not even kidding, these are the yummiest baked goods I've ever made :D YAY!!! I recommend using freshly squeezed orange juice, as it makes the orange flavour BURST!!! I had a really nice day hangin' with my sister and sweet nephew.  The little guy had pureed green beans for lunch, and his face said "Seriously mom, you and Aunty Misty get to mow down on delicious cupcakes and you're trying to feed me this green slime" LOL he reallllllly didn't like the green beans hahahahahha!!

I hope you all had a happy and peaceful day Xo

Sweet Love, 
MLO



RECIPE:
Ingredients:
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cupcake tine with 12 paper liners.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a separate bowl, whisk together raw sugar, almond milk, orange juice, canola oil, orange zest, and vinegar.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to together to combine.

Use an ice cream scooper to evenly distribute the cupcake batter through out the line cupcake tin.

Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. When a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a cupcake and removed with few to no crumbs, they are done.

Allow them to cool before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment