Monday 11 March 2013

Fetticini Alfredo Recipe



I'm excited to tell you the Fetticini Alfredo recipe I tried for dinner last night was DELICIOUS!! Definitely in the top ten vegan dishes I've prepared :D I love how there's hardly any ingredients in the sauce, yet the flavour is bursting!!  I'm looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch today, and will certainly be making this dish again and again.  My husband rates it an 8/10 , and I rate it a 9/10!  A little side note - I used a food processor to grind the nuts, instead of a blender. I find it works much better!

Enjoy the recipe below :D

Recipe by Alisson Rivers Samson
Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
1 1/2 cups water
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
4 cups cooked fettuccine (or other pasta of your choice)
3 tablespoons freshly minced parsley

Directions:
1. In a blender, grind cashews and pine nuts into a fine powder. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, nutmeg, and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Transfer sauce to a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk as you bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes, whisking regularly. Stir in black pepper.
3. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with parsley and fresh ground pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment