Tuesday 18 June 2013

29 Weeks Preggo!

This post is a couple days late, sorry about that :)  I've had some complications over the last few days, and it hasn't been fun.  Sunday morning I woke up to a horrible pain in my right abdomen.  It hurt so much we decided to call our midwife.  She went through a bunch of questions etc, and then told me to take a warm bath, and lay down to see if it would subside.  After about an hour, the intensity of the pain went away, and we carried on with our day.  Until.... that evening.  I was watching a movie on the couch with my family, and just as I was getting up to grab a drink, it struck again!!! This time it was unbearable.  I've never EVER felt pain like that.  I was screaming and crying at the top of my lungs, and couldn't get comfortable.  We called our midwife back, and she told us to meet her at the Hospital.  Jens and my Mama had to dress me :(  ... and we arrived and met our midwife at 10pm.  First thing, they checked to make sure baby girl was alright.  Her heart rate and movement was perfect, and I was not having contractions (thank goodness).   They examined me, and took a shwack of blood, and then told me I should come back at 8am for an ultrasound.  We were there for 3 hours that night.  The next morning, we met our midwife there, and hours later they called me in for an ultrasound.  By this time the intensity of the pain had subsided again.  All in all we were there for 5 hours yesterday, and the results of all the tests came back normal.  Great news :)  Our midwife and the hospital doctor said I must've torn a muscle or ligament, and said that I had to completely rest up the next few days to heal.  I'm just happy that it's not something more serious!!

As exhausted as we were last night, we still managed to make it to our prenatal class.  It was 2.5 hours long, and I could barely keep my eyes open.  I'm happy that we went though,  we didn't want to miss anything!!  LOVE THIS CLASS!!

Anyhoo,  I hope everyone's having a good week :)  Mine started off rough, but it'll get better!! I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have supportive, loving, incredible people in my life XoXo

Sweet Love to all,
MLO










No comments:

Post a Comment